Between February 24th and 28th, 2020, at the headquarters of the Sibiu County Council it was hosted the second training session that addressed issues regarding ethics, integrity and corruption prevention in the public administrative sector.
The participants learned new information and debated topics such as:
- The conduct of civil servants related to the new Administrative Code;
- The role, responsibilities and importance of the ethics advisor;
- Whistleblowing practices;
- Basic notions and concepts at national and European level;
- New European rules for the protection of persons reporting breaches of EU law;
- The EU Directive 2019/1937.
Among the 30 participants were both civil servants from the Sibiu County Council, employees and contract staff from institutions subordinated to the County Council. The lectures are facilitated by trainers from Transparency International Romania, within the project "Let's Say NO to Corruption", SIPOCA Code: 439 / SMIS: 118759.
The general objective of the project is to improve the administrative capacity of Sibiu County Council to increase integrity and prevent corruption, by developing and implementing an integrity standard and a mechanism for cooperation with civil society; as well as by raising the level of anti-corruption education of the institution staff.
The project "Let's say NO to corruption" is implemented by Sibiu County Council in partnership with Transparency International Romania and is co-financed by the European Social Fund, through the Operational Program Administrative Capacity 2014 - 2020.