The project aims to increase transparency of decision-making at the level of local councils and mayor’s offices in Bucharest and 14 other municipalities and townships in Romania: Alexandria, Arad, Baia Mare, Botoşani, Brăila, Caracal, Constanţa, Craiova, Galaţi, Oneşti, Oradea, Piatra Neamţ, Ploieşti and Tulcea.
- editing and distribution of a brochure-manual presenting the stipulations of Law 52/2003,information and consultation instruments at the disposal of citizens, making possible the effective enforcement of this law; and recommendations for the improvement of the situation;
- drawing up and distribution of reports on the level of enforcement of Law 52/2003 in the 15 locations of the project.
Transparency International Romania is partners with Pro Democracy Association in this project. TI Romania has the following project responsibilities:
- drawing up the brochure-manual of Law 52/2003;
- designing the information and training sessions for both locally elected officials and public servants, as well as those in which the participants will be representatives of civil society;
- contribute a trainer to each training session;
- filing, with APD, requests for public debates on decisions on local councils’ agendas;
- establish a plan to monitor the enforcement of Law 52/2003 in the 15 project locations;
- processing the data obtained from monitoring of Law 52/2003;
- formulating a set of recommendations to increase transparency in the activities of local public administration;
- monitoring and evaluating the project.
The European Union, via the Civil Society PHARE Program, Action 3: Democracy, human rights, rightful state and independence of the justice