Project title: "Let's Say No to Corruption" - SIPOCA Code: 439 / MySMIS2014+ Code: 118759
Sponsor: Co-funded project by the European Social Fund through the Administrative Capacity Operational Program
Project partners: Sibiu County Council and Transparency International Romania I Romanian Association for Transparency
Project total value: 342,295.48 lei (EU co-financing value - 288,260.65 lei)
Implementation period: July 2018 - November 2019
Main objective: Improve the administrative capacity of Sibiu County Council to increase integrity and to prevent corruption. This goal will be achieved by developing and implementing an integrity standard and a mechanism for cooperation with civil society; as well as by raising the level of anti-corruption education of the institution staff.
- Developing an integrity standard as an applicable tool in Sibiu County Council. It will be developed in accordance with National Anti-corruption Strategy (SNA: 2016-2020) and with Public Administration Consolidation Strategy (SCAP: 2014-2020). This goal will be achieved by developing minimum five policies and operational/system procedures. Suitable indicators will be established, just as a system of alerting internal irregularities and possible corruption acts will be developed.
- Implementing an integrity standard in order to increase integrity and reduce vulnerability to corruption in Sibiu County Council. It will be achieved through an implementation manual developed within the project.
- Developing and implementing a mechanism for cooperation with the civil society in order to monitor and evaluate the implementation of anti-corruption measures in the Sibiu County Council.
- Increasing the level of anti-corruption education among Sibiu County Council`s staff, by organizing training/courses in the field of corruption prevention, ethics and integrity.
- Developing minimum five policies and operational/system procedures (with the suitable indicators)
- Organizing five debating focus groups on the policies and procedures developed;
- Developing, approving and implementing a system of alerting internal irregularities and possible corruption acts;
- Elaborating the manual about the institutional implementation of the integrity standard
- Elaborating the cooperation mechanism;
- Consultations with civil society on the cooperation mechanism;
- Developing a Good Practices Guide: Mechanisms of cooperation with civil society in order to combat corruption;
- Preparing the necessary resources for the training sessions;
- Training sessions for Sibiu County Council`s staff.
- Project outcome 1: An integrity standard developed in Sibiu County Council in accordance with SNA and SCAP: 2014-2020;
- Project outcome 2: A developed and implemented system of alerting internal irregularities and possible corruption acts;
- Unitary applying of the rules, mechanisms and procedures regarding ethics and integrity in public authorities and institutions; - Project outcome 3: Leadership approving on the integrity standard implementation.
- Project outcome 4: A manual about the institutional implementation of the integrity standard, elaborated and disseminated.
- Project outcome 5: A mechanism for cooperation with the civil society in order to monitor and evaluate the implementation of anti-corruption measures in the Sibiu County Council.
- Project outcome 6: 100 Sibiu County Council`s employees certified (at the end of the courses) in the field of corruption prevention, ethics and integrity.
Transparency International Romania
COMPETENCE DOES DIFFERENCE! SELECTED PROJECT IN THE OPERATIONAL PROGRAM ADMINISTRATIVE CAPACITY CO-FINANCED BY THE EUROPEAN UNION, FROM THE EUROPEAN SOCIAL FUND