The aim of the project is to promote principles of good practices in relation to the implementation of Law 544/2001, regulating public information at the level of central, county and local authorities and institutions.
- establishing a methodology for central, county and local public authorities to be able to monitor the implementation of Law 544/2001;
- training of seven local coordinators regarding the stipulations of Law 544/2001 on free access to public information;
- evaluation of central, county and local public authorities from the point of view of Law 544/2001 enforcement;
- seven round table discussions with public servants in charge with delivering public information from monitored institutions;
- seven public training with the participation of public servants in charge with delivering public information from monitored institutions, NGO representatives and local and central mass media;
- drafting, editing and issuing of the final report regarding the enforcement of Law 544/2001 (3,000 copies).
Transparency International Romania is partners with Pro Democracy Association in this project. TI Romania has the following project responsibilities:
- participate in the drawing up of the evaluation plan for public institutions and authorities
- provide training regarding Law 544/201;
- present local coordinators’ evaluation methodology.
The European Union, via the Civil Society PHARE Program, Action 3: Democracy, human rights, rightful state and independence of the justice