Transparency International Romania is honoured to invite you to the national conference on:
“Competition Law – Approaches Established by the Court of Luxembourg and the Jurisprudence of the High Court of Cassation and Justice”
Which will take place at Intercontinental Hotel Bucharest on Thursday, 10th July 2014, at 9.00.
Departing from the premise that competition law creates the conditions for the existence and conservation of a functional market economy, the conference addresses those who are interested in the field of competition law or in other fields associated with it.
The event brings together both key representatives of the judicial sector and representatives of civil society.
The conference will approach topics such as:
- Practical challenges in applying competition law: Law no. 21/1996 regarding competition; Law no. 11/1991 regarding disloyal competition; Emergency Ordinance no. 34/2006 regarding public procurement – the importance of this branch of law
- News in jurisprudence – social welfare, abusive clauses, dominant positions within the market. Rules of accessing the files of the Competition Council. Exercising the right to defence in this phase. Cooperation between judicial courts and the Competition Council
- Procedural aspects of solving competition disputes, the role of the European Competition Authorities and the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Overlap of competition law with other branches of law – jurisprudence problems. Crimes stipulated in competition law
The conference is addressed to:
- Legal departments of companies
- Consulting companies
- Representatives of SMEs who are particularly interested in abusive clauses and dominant positions in commercial contracts
The package includes:
- The practice of the Court of Justice of the E.U. structured into fields of industry and judicial institutions, abusive clauses, telecommunications, horizontal clashes, food industry, bank cartels, social welfare, services
- The practice of the High Court of Cassation and Justice commented on and annotated – section II civil and administrative matters
- Judicial institutions responsible with applying treaties and national legislation – instruments of the European Competition Authorities
Programme: 9:00 - 17:00
More information at e-mail office @ transparency.org.ro or tel: 021 317 707