Over 120 staff members of the Buzău County Council and of subordinate institutions participated in training sessions on ethics, integrity and prevention of corruption in public institutions.
Transparency International Romania conducted six such training sessions, between November 2019 and January 2020, as a partner in the project "Partnership for ethics and integrity in the Buzau County Council", SIPOCA Code: 428.
The topics discussed during the sessions referred to the procedures developed within the project:
- the procedure for declaring assets and interests;
- the procedure for preventing and managing conflicts of interest and incompatibilities;
- the procedure for declaring gifts;
- the procedure for disseminating and monitoring compliance with the Code of Ethics and Conduct;
- Whistleblowing procedure.
The project "Partnership for ethics and integrity in Buzau County Council", SIPOCA Code: 428 has as general objective: Strengthening the administrative capacity of Buzau County Council to increase integrity and reduce vulnerabilities to corruption, by developing and implementing an integrity system that includes standards, policies and procedures of ethics and integrity, as well as through an anti-corruption education program, contributing to the development of an effective local administration.
The project is co-financed by the European Social Fund, through the Operational Program Administrative Capacity 2014 - 2020.